The Agile movement provides real, actionable answers to the question that keeps many company leaders awake at night: How do we stay successful in a fast-changing and unpredictable world? Agile has already transformed how modern companies build and deliver software. This practical book demonstrates how entire organizations—from product managers and engineers to marketers and executives—can put Agile to work.
Author Matt LeMay explains Agile in clear, jargon-free terms and provides concrete and actionable steps to help any team put its values and principles into practice. Examples from a wide variety of organizations, including small nonprofits and global financial enterprises, bring to life the on-the-ground realities of Agile across industries and functions.
- Understand exactly what Agile is and why it matters
- Use Agile to address your organization’s specific needs and goals
- Take customer centricity from theory into practice
- Stop wasting time in "report and critique" meetings and start making better decisions
- Create a harmonious cycle of learning, collaborating, and delivering
- Learn from Agile experts at companies like IBM, Spotify, and Coca-Cola
Table of contents
- Opening Credits
- Chapter 1: What Is Agile, and Why Does It Matter?
- Chapter 2: Finding Your North Star
- Chapter 3: Agile Means That We Start with Our Customers
- Chapter 4: Agile Means That We Collaborate Early and Often
- Chapter 5: Agile Means That We Plan for Uncertainty
- Chapter 6: Agile Means That We Follow All Three of These Guiding Principles to Be Fast, Flexible, and Customer-First
- Chapter 7: Your Agile Playbook
- Closing Credits
- Title: Agile for Everybody
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492051633
You might also like
The Art of Leadership (Audio Book)
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with managers who practice or …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …