Build and deliver modern cloud applications-fast!
About This Video
- A rapid way to develop applications for Kubernetes, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Work with Jenkins X while building example applications to gain the practical experience you need for your own projects
- Begin a simple application using Kubernetes and Jenkins X and then enhance it with other great features (such as preview environments) to help you deliver reliable applications-fast
Jenkins X is an exciting and fast way to build applications on Kubernetes. Jenkins X handles the job of configuring Kubernetes to build, test, and deploy your applications, so you can focus on fast delivery and make your applications great!
Kubernetes is powerful but complicated; using it not only to run your application but also to build and test it requires a lot of configuration. Jenkins X provides automation for Kubernetes so you can use it to its full potential without spending all of your time configuring and debugging.
This course adopts a step-by-step approach to show you how to use Jenkins X, with plenty of hands-on examples that you can use for your own applications. You'll start with a simple example application deployed to Kubernetes using Jenkins X, then build up to awesome features such as preview environments, promotion, and monitoring. With this course, you can learn Jenkins X fast, and immediately apply what you've learned.
This course is for developers, IT/DevOps professionals, or system admins keen to take advantage of Jenkins X and Kubernetes to enhance their Continuous Delivery processes. A basic knowledge of developing and building software is assumed.
This course requires use of a text editor (e.g. Atom); Git client (graphical or command line); and access to Google Cloud Engine and GitHub.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Accelerating Delivery with Jenkins X
- Chapter 2 : Jenkins X Pipelines
- Chapter 3 : Jenkins X Build Packs
- Chapter 4 : Environments and Promotion
- Chapter 5 : Building and Deploying with Kubernetes
- Chapter 6 : Extending Kubernetes Cluster with Jenkins X Apps and Addons
- Title: Hands-On Continuous Integration and Delivery with Jenkins X and Kubernetes
- Release date: March 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838982065
You might also like
Kubernetes in 7 Days
Build strong Kubernetes foundations in 1 week About This Video Learn how to build, manage, and …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
DevOps with GIT(Flow) Jenkins, Artifactory, Sonar, ELK, JIRA
Complete Hands-On DevOps course that will demonstrate efficient use of DevOps Tool Chain About This Video …
Kubernetes in the Data Center
6+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview Kubernetes in the Data Center LiveLessons focuses on using the …