With the commercial successes of machine learning and cloud computing, many business people need just enough math to take advantage of open source frameworks for big data. This video course from Paco Nathan and Allen Day presents useful areas of advanced math in easy-to-digest morsels. If you’re familiar with high school Algebra 2 and basic statistics, you’re good to go.
You’ll learn newly introduced math concepts through business use cases, brief Python code examples, and lots of figures and illustrations. By the end of the course, you’ll understand how to leverage complex graphs, sparse matrices, Bayesian priors, optimization solvers, and other tools.
- Learn advanced math through simple equations and illustrations
- Get tangible examples such as Lego blocks for data workflows
- Explore the math examples through typical business use cases
- Understand how these concepts tie into common business frameworks
- Follow a case study of the Foobartendr.io company throughout the course
Table of contents
- Abstract Algebra
- Linear Algebra
- Bayesian Statistics
- Title: Just Enough Math
- Release date: May 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491904060
You might also like
Statistics for Data Science and Business Analysis
Statistics you need in the office: Descriptive and inferential statistics, hypothesis testing, and regression analysis About …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Grokking Algorithms Video Edition
"This book does the impossible: it makes math fun and easy!" Sander Rossel, COAS Software Systems …