Write clean, fast, concurrent code with key features of C++ 14,17, and now 20.
About This Video
- Acquire knowledge of not only the features of modern C++ but also some of the best programming practices.
- Get a grasp of all the key features of C++2a, including modules, concepts, task blocks, transactional memory, ranges, coroutines, and more, in a single course.
- A practical guide to advance your skills along with new features of the latest C++ versions (14, 17, and 20) for creating better software with ease.
C++ is a multi-paradigm language that lets you solve a problem in different ways, and this course will teach you the best practices.
Furthermore, C++ has been re-invented again. C++2a is the largest extension to the language since C++11, and it almost feels like a new language. Developers who master the new features will be able to write cleaner, faster and concurrent code. In this course, you will learn about the best practices of C++ programming, including project structure, designing interfaces and classes, C++ Core Guidelines, and the most recent language standard. The new features are numerous and cover almost every area of the language: modules let us organize our programs better; concepts help us create cleaner APIs; ranges forever change how we look at containers; concurrency features, such as coroutines, bring parallel and concurrent programming to a whole new level.
You will get plenty of practical experience with short, real-world code examples. By the end of this course, you will be ready to create better software using C++.
If you are a C++ developer and want to upskill your C++ development skills, this is the course you. Working knowledge of C++, including selected features of C++11 (e. g. lambdas), is required. Knowledge of C++17 is not necessary, but it will make understanding of some aspects easier.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to C++
- Chapter 2 : Structuring Projects in C++
- Chapter 3 : Creating Better Interfaces
- Chapter 4 : Going Object-Oriented
Chapter 5 : From Functions to
- Chapter 6 : Writing Generic Code with Templates
- Chapter 7 : Working with Collections
- Chapter 8 : Concurrent Data Access
- Chapter 9 : Task-Level Parallelism
- Chapter 10 : Introduction to Coroutines
- Chapter 11 : Dive Deeper into Coroutines
- Chapter 12 : C++ Core Guidelines
- Title: Multi-Paradigm Programming with Modern C++
- Release date: June 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839212864
You might also like
Learning C++ Best Practices
In this Learning C++ Best Practices training course, expert author Jason Turner will teach you how …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Introduction to C++ Concurrency LiveLessons (Video Training)
Introduction to C++ Concurrency LiveLessons Description C++ is undergoing rapid changes to support concurrent and parallel …
Design and architect real-world scalable C++ applications by exploring advanced techniques in low-level programming, object-oriented programming …