Team Exercise (to emphasize the importance of following prescribed processes)
This activity, created by Lanie Jordan, draws a parallel between a cooking recipe and following a process. It emphasizes the importance of following the team's processes.
- Distribute the Recipe Exercise (Mrs. Ryan's Mac & Cheese). Allow teammates five minutes to answer the question.
- Ask for answers to the question: What do goals and recipes have in common?
- Facilitate a discussion about the benefits and advantages of having defined processes.
- Ask what happens when you don't follow the recipe? What can happen to us if we don't follow the process
Mrs. Ryan's Mac & Cheese
- cooking spray
- 1½ lbs of grated extra sharp cheddar ...