Master the 12 disciplines of powerful leadership and lead your organization to greatness
We've all heard the phrase "born leader." Leadership experts Brian Tracy and Dr. Peter Chee are here to debunk the myth that you either have it or you don't. That leadership is a talent bestowed on some and not on others. That in order to lead effectively, you have to have it in your genes.
The authors assert that great leaders are made, not born. Everyone has the ability to shape himself or herself into the kind of person who enables and uplifts others to reach their highest potential--and in 12 Disciplines of Leadership Excellence, they reveal exactly how to achieve it.
It all starts with discipline. In this groundbreaking book, the authors break down great leadership into 12 disciplines, including:
- Clarity . . . about who you are, where you are going, and how to get there
- Control . . . build and bolster your sense of personal responsibility and self-mastery
- Character . . . dedicate yourself to passionately build trust with honesty and integrity
- Competence . . . commit to constant never-ending improvement and learning
- Caring . . . because when you care, your people care in building great working relationships
- Courage . . . moving out of your comfort zone to embrace change and make tough decisions
One at a time. Don't try to take on too much at once. Choose a discipline and live it until it becomes a habit of excellence. Then move to the next one. It will take time--but all life-improving endeavors do.
Read this practical, inspirational guide and every day you will take one more step to becoming a highly effective leader.
Table of Contents
- 12 Disciplines of LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE: How Leaders Achieve Sustainable High Performance
- Copyright Page
- 1. THE DISCIPLINE OF LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE
- 2. THE DISCIPLINE OF CLARITY
- 3. THE DISCIPLINE OF CONTROL
- 4. THE DISCIPLINE OF CHARACTER
- 5. THE DISCIPLINE OF COMPETENCE
- 6. THE DISCIPLINE OF COMPETITIVENESS
- 7. THE DISCIPLINE OF CREATIVITY
- 8. THE DISCIPLINE OF COURAGE
- 9. THE DISCIPLINE OF CARING ABOUT PEOPLE
- 10. THE DISCIPLINE OF CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- 11. THE DISCIPLINE OF CONCENTRATION
- 12. THE DISCIPLINE OF PERSONAL EXCELLENCE
- About The Authors
- Title: 12 Disciplines of Leadership Excellence: How Leaders Achieve Sustainable High Performance
- Release date: April 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071809474