The First Complete Guide to Tinkercad: 3D Modeling
That’s Powerful, Friendly, & Free!
Want to master 3D modeling and printing? Tinkercad is the perfect software for you: It’s friendly, web-based, and free. Even better, you don’t have to rely on Tinkercad’s technical documentation to use it. This easy, full-color guide is packed with photos and projects that bring 3D modeling to life!
No 3D or CAD experience? No problem: Best-selling author James Floyd Kelly teaches you step-by-step through simple examples and hands-on activities.
You’ll learn all the concepts and techniques you need...build your skills, comfort, and confidence...and create exciting projects that show off Tinkercad’s full power. Learning 3D with your kids? You’ll even find projects you can work on together!
Quickly master the basic 3D concepts you need to understand
Navigate Tinkercad’s Dashboard and tool set
Create your first 3D model and control its properties
Save time by incorporating publicly available elements
Import hand sketches or SVG graphics into your models
Use the Shape Generator to create custom shapes
Add raised text and other embellishments
Assemble multiple pieces into a more sophisticated model
Make realistic prototypes
Output molds for creating items from soft materials
Transform models into STL files for printing
Get great results from an online 3D printing service
Move your 3D objects into the Minecraft virtual world
Find answers to your most important Tinkercad questions
Discover tools for tasks Tinkercad can’t handle
Learn from others! Explore projects at Thingiverse and the Gallery
Table of Contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- 1. 3D Modeling Is Cool!
- 2. 3D Modeling Basics
- 3. Say Hello to Tinkercad
- 4. Learn Some Modeling Basics
- 5. Putting Together a Model
- 6. A Tinkercad Special Project
- 7. Another Tinkercad Special Project
- 8. Printing Your 3D Models
- 9. More Useful Tricks with Tinkercad
- 10. Where Can You Find Existing Models?
- 11. Expanding Tinkercad’s Usefulness
- 12. Special App for Turning Real-World Objects into 3D Models
- A. More Free CAD Applications to Explore
- B. A Bonus Project
- C. A Closer Look at 123D Design
- Title: 3D Modeling and Printing with Tinkercad®: Create and Print Your Own 3D Models
- Release date: June 2014
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780133798135