Appendix HGlossary of Terms
- absenteeism Not coming to work
- Not coming to work because of illness or personal problems. Many companies calculate the rate of absenteeism of their employees, which is the average number of days they do not come to work.
- accountability Responsibility
- An obligation to accept responsibility for one's actions
- accrual A method of accounting
- An accounting method that recognizes a company's financial performance by recording income and expenses at the time a transaction occurs, rather than when a payment is received or an invoice is paid
- acquiring company A company that buys another company
- The business or organization that is buying another business
- acquisition An acquired company
- A process in which one organization buys another organization
- active listening Checking for understanding
- A communication method that a listener uses to interpret and evaluate information from a speaker
- ADA Americans with Disabilities Act
- A U.S. law that prevents an organization or person from discriminating against an employee because of physical or mental disabilities
- ADDIE model A training design technique
- A process for designing training programs that has five steps: analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation
- ad hoc Not planned, for a specific case
- A solution to a specific problem that is not planned, or cannot be used in other situations
- ADR Alternative dispute resolution
- A method for resolving a disagreement without going ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.