Cybersecurity threats are on the rise. As a leader, you need to be prepared to keep your organization safe.
Companies are investing an unprecedented amount of money to keep their data and assets safe, yet cyberattacks are on the rise--and the problem is worsening. No amount of technology, resources, or policies will reverse this trend. Only sound governance, originating with the board, can turn the tide.
Protection against cyberattacks can't be treated as a problem solely belonging to an IT or cybersecurity department. It needs to cast a wide and impenetrable net that covers everything an organization does--from its business operations, models, and strategies to its products and intellectual property. And boards are in the best position to oversee the needed changes to strategy and hold their companies accountable. Not surprisingly, many boards aren't prepared to assume this responsibility.
In A Leader's Guide to Cybersecurity, Thomas Parenty and Jack Domet, who have spent over three decades in the field, present a timely, clear-eyed, and actionable framework that will empower senior executives and board members to become stewards of their companies' cybersecurity activities. This includes:
- Understanding cyber risks and how best to control them
- Planning and preparing for a crisis--and leading in its aftermath
- Making cybersecurity a companywide initiative and responsibility
- Drawing attention to the nontechnical dynamics that influence the effectiveness of cybersecurity measures
- Aligning the board, executive leadership, and cybersecurity teams on priorities
Filled with tools, best practices, and strategies, A Leader's Guide to Cybersecurity will help boards navigate this seemingly daunting but extremely necessary transition.
Table of contents
- Half Title
- Introduction: Digital Stewardship
- Part One: The Problems
- Part Two: The Principles
- Part Three: The Responsibilities
- Part Four: The Aides
- About the Authors
- Title: A Leader's Guide to Cybersecurity
- Release date: December 2019
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633698000
You might also like
CISSP® Practice: 2,250 Questions, Answers, and Explanations for Passing the Test
A must-have prep guide for taking the CISSP certification exam If practice does, indeed, make perfect, …
Cybersecurity Blue Team Toolkit
A practical handbook to cybersecurity for both tech and non-tech professionals As reports of major data …
CISSP Practice Exams, Fifth Edition, 5th Edition
Fully updated coverage of the 2018 CISSP exam, including 1250+ in-depth practice questions Take the 2018 …
The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK Reference, 5th Edition
The only official, comprehensive reference guide to the CISSP All new for 2019 and beyond, this …