Prepare for Your Workforce of Tomorrow
Today’s economic reality is changing the traditional employment model. No longer is it assumed that everyone who works for you will be on your company’s payroll.
Alongside your regular employees might be temps, freelancers, and independent contractors, all offering a more cost effective and efficient model to address your human resource needs. At the same time, these arrangements can meet the needs of workers by giving them income, experience, skills, a work record, or perhaps just the flexibility to work when and where they want.
Utilizing a mix of regular and contingent workers, or even outsourcing the entire workforce, is one way to help reduce these costs and has become a more attractive employment model for many organizations. A Practical Guide to Managing Temporary Workers takes you inside this process. The use of contingent workers has burgeoned, especially since the Great Recession, and the businesses providing access to such workers have become increasingly numerous and sophisticated.
From developing a strategy and guidelines around contingent workers to training and treating them fairly, this book helps you gain a better understanding of the possible impact of these workers on your organization’s future and how you can manage them more effectively.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- 1 Who Is a Contingent Worker?
- 2 Developing a Contingent Worker Strategy
- 3 Contingent Worker Guidelines
- 4 Finding the Right Contingent Worker
- 5 Working With Staffing Agencies
- 6 Educating Your Organization About Contingent Workers
- 7 Treating Contingent Workers Fairly
- 8 Training Contingent Workers
- 9 Accounting for Contingent Workers
- 10 Professional Contingent Workers
- 11 Envisioning Your Workforce of Tomorrow
- Appendix A Responsibilities for ABC- or Agency-Supervised Contingent Workers
- Appendix B Contingent Worker Job Satisfaction Survey
- About the Authors
- Title: A Practical Guide to Managing Temporary Workers
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781947308671
You might also like
Markets for Managers: A Managerial Economics Primer
Praise for Markets for Managers "It could redefine how politicians and senior executives understand the reality …
Strategic Staffing: A Comprehensive System for Effective Workforce Planning, Second Edition
Many organizations understand the benefits of a longer-term approach to staffing: reduced turnover and hiring costs, …
Reasonably Simple Economics: Why the World Works the Way It Does
The goal of Reasonably Simple Economics is, not surprisingly, simple: to help us think like economists. …
Purpose & Impact
Purpose & Impact is the first book to provide guidance to senior executives and professionals on …