Book descriptionDelve into the ultimate guide for professional photographers
Harness the power and flexibility of the latest version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, version 1.1, with this expert guide. Professional photographers David Huss and David Plotkin show you how to work smarter, faster, and more creatively with their personal tips, tricks, and techniques that you can incorporate into your own workflow.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.1 is a powerful tool that you can integrate into your existing workflow to increase your productivity and improve the overall quality of your work. With this ultimate resource by your side, you'll learn how to:
.Organize, adjust, process, output, and share digital pictures like the top professionals
.Personalize Lightroom with a custom Identity plate
.Seamlessly transition between Lightroom and your favorite photo editor
.Quickly view and compare multiple shots, pairing selections down to your best work
.Correct images, adjust white balance, and fine-tune tone, balance, and exposure, crop and undo-all without altering your originals!
.Automate your workflow by applying image adjustments to multiple photos
.Output proof and contact sheets
.Develop, print and display your digital pictures for friends and clients, all the while saving valuable time
.Create slide shows and web postings
.And much more...
As you move from traditional separate image editing applications to this next generation software that was designed specifically for photographers, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.1 for the Professional Photographer unveils insider secrets and expert advice in this highly visual guide.
David Huss is a professional photographer and author who has written more than 30 books. His work has been translated into eight languages.
David Plotkin is a technical editor, photographer, and software writer who has written five books and numerous articles.
Table of contents
- Front Cover
- Title Page
Chapter 1 In the Beginning
- Stop - Reading Begins Here
- Lightroom: A Brief History
- What’s New in Version 1.1?
- Workflow? What Exactly Does Lightroom Do?
- Does Lightroom Replace Photoshop?
- What Makes Lightroom Different?
- Hardware and Performance
- One Program - Five Modules
- Navigating and Managing Lightroom
Chapter 2 Getting Photos into Lightroom
- From the Camera to Lightroom
- Stop Before You Do Anything Else
- Importing Photos
- Importing Images via Drag and Drop
- Lightroom Speed Bumps
- Sorting the Good, from the Bad, and the Ugly
- Comparing and Rating Your Photos
Chapter 3 Organizing Your Photos
- Lightroom Image Management Concepts
- The Power of Keywords
- Exporting and Importing Catalogs
- Chapter 4 Pursuing Perfection: Working with the Quick Develop and Develop Module
Chapter 5 Showtime: Making Slideshows
- Understanding the Slideshow Module
Selecting and Setting Up for Slideshows
- Selecting Photos for the Show
- Configuring the Stroke Border
- Specifying the Shadow
- Showing and Adjusting the Guides
- Applying a Color Backdrop
- Adding a Background Image
- Zooming to Fit Frame
- Adding and Editing the Identity Plate
- Adding Star Ratings to Your Slides
- Adding Text to Slides Using Overlays
- Adding a Sound Track
- Saving it all as a Template
- Playing the Show
Chapter 6 Roll the Presses: Printing in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Understanding the Print Module
- Selecting and Setting Up for Printing
- Printing Multiple Photos on Single Sheets
- Saving It All as a Template
- Configuring for Printing
Chapter 7 Web Wizard: Creating and Posting Images on the Web
- Understanding the Web module
- Selecting and Setting Up for the Web
- Previewing and Exporting Your Photo Gallery
- Posting Your Photo Gallery
- Title: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.1 for the Professional Photographer
- Release date: October 2009
- Publisher(s): Focal Press
- ISBN: 9781136102691
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …