In this appendix you’ll:
• Learn what collections are.
• Use class
Arrays for array manipulations.
• Understand how type-wrapper classes enable programs to process primitive data values as objects.
• Use prebuilt generic data structures from the collections framework.
• Use iterators to “walk through” a collection.
• Learn fundamental file- and stream-processing concepts.
• What threads are and why they’re useful.
• How threads enable you to manage concurrent activities.
• To create and execute
• Fundamentals of thread synchronization.
• How multiple threads can update Swing GUI components in a thread-safe manner.