In this chapter you’ll:
• Design a GUI using a
• Use the ADT Plugin’s Outline window in Eclipse to add GUI components to a
• Directly edit the XML of a GUI layout to customize properties that are not available through the Visual Layout Editor and Properties window in Eclipse.
SeekBar GUI components.
• Use Java object-oriented programming capabilities, including classes, anonymous inner classes, objects, interfaces and inheritance to create an Android app.
• Programmatically interact with GUI components to change the text that they display.
• Use event handling to respond to user interactions with an
EditText and a