Among the many configuration management tools available, Ansible has some distinct advantages: It's minimal in nature. You don't need to install anything on your nodes. And it has an easy learning curve. With this updated third edition, you'll quickly learn how to be productive with this tool, whether you're a developer deploying code to production or a system administrator looking for a better automation solution.
Authors Bas Meijer, Lorin Hochstein, and Rene Moser show you how to write playbooks (Ansible's configuration management scripts), manage remote servers, and explore the tool's real power: built-in declarative modules. You'll learn how Ansible has all the functionality you need and the simplicity you desire.
- Explore Ansible configuration management and deployment
- Learn how to apply Ansible best practices
- Understand how to use the new collections format
- Create a local development environment
- Generate reusable Ansible content for open source middleware
- Build container images, images for cloud instances, and cloud computing instances
Ready to use Ansible for mission-critical work? With this new edition, you'll learn how to eliminate the guesswork and assumptions when using software engineering methods to validate code quality.
Table of contents
- A Note About Versions
- Ansible: What Is It Good For?
- How Ansible Works
- What’s So Great About Ansible?
- Is Ansible Too Simple?
- What Do I Need to Know?
- What Isn’t Covered
- Installing Ansible
- Setting Up a Server for Testing
- Moving Forward
- 2. Playbooks: A Beginning
- Title: Ansible: Up and Running, 3rd Edition
- Release date: September 2022
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781098109080
You might also like
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Tiny Python Projects
The projects are tiny, but the rewards are big: each chapter in Tiny Python Projects challenges …