In this chapter, you will learn
- What generics are
- How to define generic types, methods, and constructors
- How to define bounds for type parameters
- How to use wildcards as the actual type parameters
- How the compiler infers the actual type parameters for generic type uses
- Generics and their limitations in array creations
- How the incorrect use of generics may lead to heap pollution
What Are Generics?
Generics let you write true polymorphic code, which is code that works with any type. Please refer to Chapter 1 in the book Beginning Java Fundamentals (ISBN 978-1-4302-6652-5) for more details on polymorphism and writing polymorphic ...