- What statements are
- What declaration statements are
- What expressions in Java are and how to convert them into expression statements
- What a block statement is and what the scope of variables declared inside a block is
- What control-flow statements are and how to use if-else, for-loop, while-loop, and do-while loop statements
- How to use the break statement to exit a loop or a block
- How to use the continue statement to ignore the rest of the body of a loop statement and continue the next iteration
- What an empty statement is and where to use it
Get Beginning Java 9 Fundamentals: Arrays, Objects, Modules, JShell, and Regular Expressions now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.