Simple, accessible, and fun to read, this practical book provides a fascinating collection of real-life stories from organizations that now use blockchain in practice. Sir John Hargrave and Evan Karnoupakis provide actionable takeaways and valuable lessons learned based on case studies from companies that have found success with this technology. This guide serves as a map to this fascinating new frontier.
Through dozens of interviews, you’ll take a journey with leading-edge organizations as they integrate blockchain into their business. You’ll start by gaining a solid background on blockchain and its potential to disrupt existing industries. From there, you’ll dive into the story-driven case studies, complete with user-friendly diagrams, from the first companies to successfully embrace this technology.
- Explore real-life examples of leading companies now developing and integrating blockchain applications
- Dive into engaging stories that show how a Napster founder and the team that created a $100 million virtual cat marketplace are using blockchain
- Learn the pros and cons of using blockchain technology in your industry
- Examine blockchain best practices within your industry and across industries
- Understand the costs and benefits of blockchain and determine if this technology is worth pursuing
- Learn how blockchain is used by companies in government, wireless telecommunications, the internet of things, collectibles, and more
Table of Contents
- 1. What Is Blockchain?
- 2. Blockchain Building Blocks
- 3. Blockchain Principles
- 4. Helium: A Blockchain-Based Wireless Network
- 5. Circle: Building a Blockchain Ecosystem
- 6. CryptoKitties: The First Blockchain-Based Collectibles
- 7. Voatz: Blockchain-Based Voting
- Title: Blockchain Success Stories
- Release date: November 2020
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781098114824