Evolve your traditional intranet platform into a next-generation digital workspace with this comprehensive book. Through in-depth coverage of strategies, methods, and case studies, you will learn how to design and build an employee experience platform (EXP) for improved employee productivity, engagement, and collaboration.
In Build a Next-Generation Digital Workplace, author Shailesh Kumar Shivakumar takes you through the advantages of EXPs and shows you how to successfully implement one in your organization. This book provides extensive coverage of topics such as EXP design, user experience, content strategy, integration, EXP development, collaboration, and EXP governance. Real-world case studies are also presented to explore practical applications.Employee experience platforms play a vital role in engaging, empowering, and retaining the employees of an organization. Next-generation workplaces demand constant innovation and responsiveness, and this book readies you to fulfill that need with an employee experience platform.
- Understand key design elements of EXP, including the visual design, EXP strategy, EXP transformation themes, information architecture, and navigation design.
- Gain insights into end-to-end EXP topics needed to successfully design, implement, and maintain next-generation digital workplace platforms.
- Study methods used in the EXP lifecycle, such as requirements and design, development, governance, and maintenance
- Execute the main steps involved in digital transformation of legacy intranet platforms to EXP.
- Discover emerging trends in digital workplace such as gamification, machine-led operations model and maintenance model, employee-centric design (including persona based design and employee journey mapping), cloud transformation, and design transformation.
- Comprehend proven methods for legacy Intranet modernization, collaboration, solution validation, migration, and more.
Digital enthusiasts, web developers, digital architects, program managers, and more.
Table of contents
- 1. Introduction to Employee Experience Platforms
- 2. Requirements Elaboration for EXP
- 3. EXP Experience Design
- 4. Digital Workplace Development
- 5. EXP Strategy
- 6. Digital Workplace Testing
- 7. Digital Workplace Case Study
- 8. Digital Transformation to Next-Generation Workplaces
- 9. EXP Collaboration
- 10. Digital Workplace Security Framework
- 11. Digital Workplace Maintenance and Governance
- 12. EXP Case Studies
- Title: Build a Next-Generation Digital Workplace: Transform Legacy Intranets to Employee Experience Platforms
- Release date: November 2019
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484255124
You might also like
Don't engineer by coincidence-design it like you mean it! Filled with practical techniques, Design It! is …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Codeless Data Structures and Algorithms : Learn DSA Without Writing a Single Line of Code
In the era of self-taught developers and programmers, essential topics in the industry are frequently learned …
Semantic Software Design
With this practical book, architects, CTOs, and CIOs will learn a set of patterns for the …