Learn about bot programming, using all the latest and greatest programming languages, including Python, Go, and Clojure, so you can feel at ease writing your Telegram bot in a way that suits you.
This book shows how you can use bots for just about everything: they connect, they respond, they enhance your job search chances, they do technical research for you, they remind you about your last train, they tell the difference between a horse and a zebra, they can tell jokes, and they can cheer you up in the middle of the night.
Bots used to be hard to set up and enhance, but with the help of Building Telegram Bots you’ll see how the Telegram platform is now making bot creation easier than ever. You will begin by writing a simple bot at the start and then gradually build upon it. The simple yet effective Telegram Bot API makes it very easy to develop bots in a number of programming languages. Languages featured in the book include Node.js, Java, Rust, and Elixir.
This book encourages you to not only learn the basic process of creating a bot but also lets you spend time exploring its possibilities. By the end of the book you will be able create your own Telegram Bot with the programming language of your choice.
What You Will Learn
- Carry out simple bot design and deployment in various programming languages including Ruby, D, Crystal, Nim, and C++
- Create engaging bot interactions with your users
- Add payments and media capabilities to your bots
- Master programming language abstraction
Who This Book Is For
Engineers who want to get things done. People who are curious. Programming beginners. Advanced engineers with little time to do research.
- Title: Building Telegram Bots: Develop Bots in 12 Programming Languages using the Telegram Bot API
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484241974