COMMUNICATING IN A DIVERSE WORK ENVIRONMENT
“I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides and my windows to be stuffed. I want the cultures of all the lands to be blown about my house as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any.”
After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand the role of culture in shaping perspectives.
- Learn ways to succeed in a global environment.
- Appreciate that in life, familiar scripts do not apply in international communication.
- Learn ways to resolve conflicts that arises out of cultural differences.
- Understand methods for interacting effectively in cross-border virtual teams.
Observing a business or social setting in the modern ...