9. Crunching the Numbers—Letting C Handle Math for You
In This Chapter
• Handling basic arithmetic
• Understanding order of operators
• Breaking the rules with parentheses
• Using assignments everywhere
Many people still break out in a cold sweat when they are told that they will have to do some math. Luckily, computers don’t mind math, and as long as you enter the numbers correctly, your C program will always do your math right with the use of operators. The term operators might conjure images of the ladies that used to help with long-distance phone calls, but we aren’t discussing those. These are C operators, which let you do math. You don’t have to be a math wizard to write programs that use math operators.
Not only should you learn to recognize ...