Part I provides the most basic elements of C# language syntax.
Part II covers object and component programming in C#.
Part III introduces several of the class libraries available to C#.
Part IV gives those advanced topics for extreme performance and enterprise programming projects.
Part V goes into depth on the C# environment. Included are garbage collection and the effects on a program., cross-language development, the common language runtime, versioning and assemblies, and providing security for your programs.
Part VI is the Appendix. It has supplementary material on compiling programs, an overview of .NET Class Library components, and some other resources that may be of interest.
Table of contents
- About the Author
- Tell Us What You Think!
- The C# Environment
- Getting Started with C#
- Writing C# Expressions
- Using Statements and Loops to Control Program Flow
- Debugging and Pre-Processing
Object and Component Programming with C#
- Object and Component Concepts
- Working with Classes
- Designing Object-Oriented Programs
- Overloading Class Members and Operators
- Handling Exceptions and Errors
- Delegates and Events
- Organizing Code with Namespaces
- Creating structs
- Implementing Interfaces
- Performing Conversions
Using Class Libraries with C#
- Presenting Graphical User Interfaces
- File I/O and Serialization
- Database Programming with ADO.NET
- Writing Web Applications with ASP.NET
- Web Services
- Browsing the Network Libraries
- String Manipulation
- C# Collections
- Localization and Resources
- Unsafe Code and PInvoke
- Runtime Debugging
- Performance Monitoring
- Integrating C# with COM
The C# Environment
- Garbage Collection
- Cross-Language Programming with C#
- The Common Language Runtime
- Versioning and Assemblies
- Securing Code
- Title: C# Unleashed
- Release date: November 2001
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 067232122X
You might also like
Messy code is a nuisance. "Tidying" code, to make it more readable, requires breaking it up …
Deciphering Data Architectures
Data fabric, data lakehouse, and data mesh have recently appeared as viable alternatives to the modern …
Windows PowerShell in Action, Third Edition
About the Technology In 2006, Windows PowerShell reinvented the way administrators and developers interact with Windows. …
More Effective C# (Includes Content Update Program): 50 Specific Ways to Improve Your C#, 2nd edition
In world-renowned .NET expert Bill Wagner identifies and illuminates 50 intermediate-to-advanced techniques for writing exceptionally robust …