Created expressly for the beginning photographer–no matter
what camera you might be using–Peachpit Press's
bestselling From Snapshots to Great Shots books
teach you the core fundamentals of photography, and show you
exactly how to execute those fundamentals with your camera.
Now that you’ve bought the amazing Canon 5D Mark III, you need a book that goes beyond a tour of the camera’s features to show you exactly how to use the 5D Mark III to take great pictures. With Canon 5D Mark III: From Snapshots to Great Shots, you get the perfect blend of photography instruction and camera reference that will take your images to the next level! Beautifully illustrated with large, vibrant photos, this book teaches you how to take control of your photography to get the image you want every time you pick up the camera.
With Canon 5D Mark III: From Snapshots to Great Shots, you’ll learn not only what makes a great shot work—you’ll learn how to get that shot using your 5D Mark III. And once you’ve got the shot, show it off! Join the book’s Flickr group, share your photos, and discuss how you use your Canon 5D Mark III to get great shots at www.flickr.com/groups/Canon5DMarkIIIFromSnapshotstoGreatShots.
Includes Free Video Access
The purchase of your Canon 5D Mark III: From Snapshots to Great Shots print book gives you free access to almost two hours of video training from the author. So in addition to reading about how to use your camera, you can also join Ibarionex Perello on a journey around the San Francisco Bay Area as he demonstrates the powerful features of the 5D Mark III and how you can create amazing images, whether you’re shooting portraits, landscapes, or video. And after you’ve got your shot, you can go into the digital darkroom with Ibarionex and learn how to import, tag and rate, and edit and enhance your images in Lightroom, and then share them with the world.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- What Does This Book Cover That I Won’t Find in the User’s Manual?
- Does This Book Cover Every Feature of the Camera?
- Should I Read the Book Straight Through or Can I Jump Around and Use It as a Reference?
- How Important Are the Assignments at the End of Each Chapter?
- How Can I Make the Most of This Book and My Camera?
1. The 5D Mark III Top Ten List
- Ten Tips to Get You Started
- Poring Over the Camera
- 1. Charge Your Battery
- 2. Set Your ISO
- 3. Set Your White Balance
- 4. Set Your Exposure Mode
- 5. Set Your Autofocus Mode and Focus Point
- 6. Set the Image Recording Quality
- 7. Manage Your Memory Cards
- 8. Choose a Color Space and Picture Style
- 9. Choose a Metering Mode
- 10. Set Your Information Display
- Chapter 1 Assignments
- 2. First Things First
- 3. The Exposure Zone
- 4. That Wonderful Face
- 5. Moving Targets
- 6. Landscape Photography
- 7. Low Lighting
- 8. Creative Compositions
- 9. At the Movies
- 10. Advanced Techniques
- Add Pages
- Title: Canon 5D Mark III: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Release date: July 2012
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780133086836