Chapter 7. Introduction to Wide-Area Networks
- Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)
- Password Authentication Protocol (PAP)
- Permanent Virtual Circuit (PVC)
- Committed Information Rate (CIR)
- Local Management Interface (LMI)
- Backward Explicit Congestion Notification (BECN)
- Forward Explicit Congestion Notification (FECN)
- High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC)
- Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
There are two major types of networking: local area network (LAN) and wide-area network (WAN). This chapter discusses WANs.
A WAN is a network that spans a broad ...