Chapter 4. Cables and Connections
This chapter provides information and commands concerning the following topics:
- Connecting a rollover cable to your router or switch
- Determining what your terminal settings should be
- Understanding the setup of different LAN connections
- Identifying different serial cable types
- Determining which cable to use to connect your router or switch to another device
- 568A versus 568B cables
Connecting a Rollover Cable to Your Router or Switch
Figure 4-1 shows how to connect a rollover cable from your PC to a router or switch.
Figure 4-1. Rollover Cable Connections
Figure 4-2 illustrates the settings ...