Chapter 13. VLAN Trunking Protocol and Inter-VLAN Routing
This chapter provides information and commands concerning the following topics:
- Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP)
- Setting the encapsulation type
- VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP)
- Verifying VTP
- Inter-VLAN communication using an external router: Router-on-a-stick
- Inter-VLAN communication tips
- Configuration example: Inter-VLAN communication
Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP)
The default mode is dependent on the platform. For the 2960, the default mode is dynamic auto.
On a 2960 switch, the default for all ports is to be an access ...