1. A. Searching through the local paper is considered passive because it does not directly impact, alert, or establish any type of connection between the victim and the adversary.
2. D. The Rijndael cipher was selected and then named the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
3. B. Cain & Abel provides a suite of tools for password cracking and ARP poisoning, for example.
4. D. An IPS can have rules set that can dissect a packet to, for example, inspect the contents in hex or binary format.
5. A. Scanning the target network slowly prevents an IDS from alerting because the traffic may not be considered an anomaly. If the sensor sees a huge amount of traffic being generated, ...