This chapter covers the following topics:
• Motivations for CBAC: Presents the motivations for the Classic IOS Firewall Stateful Inspection solution, originally known as Context Based Access Control (CBAC).
• CBAC basics: Introduces the generic Stateful Inspection of TCP, UDP and ICMP using CBAC. It also promotes a quick comparison between ASA and IOS Firewall philosophies.
• ICMP connection examples: Registers how the Classic IOS Firewall can treat ICMP as a pseudo Stateful protocol.
• UDP connection examples: Explores some sample UDP connections created through the Classic IOS Firewall.
• TCP connection examples: Deals with TCP, the truly stateful transport protocol. It also illustrates some advanced ...