Chapter 14. DSP Resources
This chapter covers the use of digital signal processors (DSP) in Cisco voice gateways. Voice gateways use DSPs to terminate voice calls from time-division multiplexing (TDM) systems and convert those calls to Voice over IP (VoIP). DSPs can also provide transcoding and conference bridge resources to a Cisco CallManager.
This chapter helps you to do the following:
• Understand the capabilities of DSPs
• Determine the number of DSPs required to support your requirements
• Configure a gateway to provide conferencing resources for CallManager
• Configure a gateway to provide transcoding resources for CallManager and Cisco CallManager Express (CME)
• Understand the methods available for supporting fax and modem traffic