CHAPTER 6: SERVICE DESIGN STATEMENT
Doctor, I am well aware of human characteristics. I am frequently inundated by them, but I've trained myself to put up with practically anything.
Covered in this chapter
• Summarising the service design in a service design statement
• The most appropriate design may not be the one expected by your sponsor
• Be aware of critical constraints
• Focus on value for the business
• BSC activities can be distributed in many different ways
• Thoughts on the content of the SDS
6.1 Business service design deliverables
In this chapter, we will reiterate the principal steps in BSD mentioned in Chapter two, focusing on the actual ‘thing’, the SDS that you must deliver. The result of the BSD session should be a design ...