3C-IoT Applications and Services
In this chapter, we describe some Collaborative Internet of Things C-IoT applications and services that span multiple domains, from personal consumer to home to industrial (business) and smart city (infrastructure and communities) levels to deliver sustainable smart living and smart environment that help optimize business process efficiency and improve quality of life, see Figure 3.1.
- Smart living (Consumer)
- Smart connected consumer – tracking and fitness/health monitoring
- Smart connected home
- Smart connected car, transport
- Smart industry (Business)
- Smart industrial (factories, buildings, smart grid/energy, retail, manufacturing)
- Smart agriculture
- Smart infrastructure (city and communities) and sustainable smart environments.
Here are some quotes regarding the impacts of the IoT (Internet of Things) markets and services.
- Home and Building Automation. Digital marketer Lauren Fisher points to the Nest Learning thermostat, which takes data about the home environment and owners’ temperature preferences and programs itself to operate efficiently within the context of that information. This technical framework provides energy providers with the connectivity to better manage the energy grid.
- Smart Car. Mobile virtual network operator Alex Brisbourne describes how the automotive industry is increasingly designing automated applications into vehicles to provide maintenance monitoring, fuel and mileage management, driver security, and other capabilities ...