2. Business, Financial, and Human Resource Planning1
1 Adapted wholly or partly from a paper written by Biswas, B.D., and Hestwood, T., “Human Resource Planning and Compensation: A Developing Relationship.” Conference presentation made at National Conference of the American Compensation Associates 1979.
Aims and objectives of this chapter
• Explain the connections between business planning, human resource planning, and compensation planning
• Develop the need for planning
• Examine the concept of strategic planning
• Explore the connections between strategic planning and operational planning
• Discuss the concept of HR planning
• Review an integrated HR planning process
• Discuss the concept of organizational planning and design
• Develop the ...