This chapter explores important issues in how salespeople successfully prospect and plan for a sales call (the preapproach). These important advance activities set the stage for success with the customer.
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- • Describe how to qualify a lead as a prospect.
- • Explain why prospecting is important to long-term success in selling.
- • List various sources of prospects.
- • Prepare a prospecting plan.
- • Explain call reluctance and point out ways to overcome it.
- • Describe elements of the preapproach and why planning activities are important to ...