Chapter 14. Execution Environment
There are multiple ways in Python to run other pieces of code outside of the currently executing program, i.e., run an operating system command or another Python script, or execute a file on disk or across the network. It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Some specific execution scenarios could include:
• Remain executing within our current script
• Create and manage a subprocess
• Execute an external command or program
• Execute a command that requires input
• Invoke a command across the ...
Get Core Python Programming, Second Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.