Today the fastest growing companies have no physical assets. Instead, they create innovative digital products and new data-driven business models. They capture huge market share fast and their capitalizations skyrocket. The success of these digital giants is pushing all companies to rethink their business models and to start digitizing their products and services.
Whether you are a new start-up building a digital product or service, or an employee of an established company that is transitioning to digital, you need to consider how digitization has transformed every aspect of management. Data-driven business models scale not through asset accumulation and product standardization, but through disaggregation of supply and demand. The winners in the new economy master the demand for one and the supply to millions.
Throughout the book the author illustrates with examples and use cases how the market competition has changed and how companies adept to the new rules of the game. The economic levers of scale and scope are also different in the digital economy and companies have to learn new tactics how to achieve and sustain their competitive advantage.
While data is at the core of all digital business models, the monetization strategies vary across products, services and business models. Our Monetization Matrix is a model that helps managers, marketers, sales professionals, and technical product designers to align the digital product design with the data-driven business model.
Table of contents
- Part I How Digital Giants Are Creating the New Economy
- Chapter 1 The Brave New Digital World
- Chapter 2 Why Companies Miss Out on Big Opportunities
- Chapter 3 Everything Is Changing
- Chapter 4 Scale and Scope in the Digital Economy
- Chapter 5 The New Economics of Disaggregation and Scale
- Chapter 6 The Two Market Competition Rules for the Digital Economy
- Part II Data-Driven Business Models
- Chapter 7 Asset-Less Business Models
- Chapter 8 Data Products as a Business
- Chapter 9 Digital Supplements
- Chapter 10 The Man-Less Business Model
- Part III The Analytics of Growth
- Chapter 11 The Pursuit of Analytics Maturity
- Chapter 12 Beating the Averages With Trends AI
- About the Authors
- Title: Data-Driven Business Models for the Digital Economy
- Release date: April 2020
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781951527815
You might also like
Data Architecture: A Primer for the Data Scientist, 2nd Edition
Over the past 5 years, the concept of big data has matured, data science has grown …
Building Event-Driven Microservices
Organizations today often struggle to balance business requirements with ever-increasing volumes of data. Additionally, the demand …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Microservices Patterns teaches you how to develop and deploy production-quality microservices-based applications. This invaluable set of …