Fundamental Concepts in Data Visualization
Data visualization is an essential part of data analysis. Different approaches to data analysis include:
1. Data visualization (commonly used graphical techniques are histograms, scatter plots, surface plots, area plots, time-series plots, tree maps, and others.
2. Statistical methods that include inference procedures such as estimation, hypothesis tests, analysis of variance, regression analysis, etc.
3. Data mining (association mining, etc.)
4. Data analytics including predictive and prescriptive analytics tools
5. Machine learning methods (clustering, classification, decision trees, etc.)
Among these approaches, visual data ...