Chapter 3. Implementing your first Go bot
This chapter covers
- Implementing a Go board by using Python
- Placing sequences of stones and simulating a game
- Encoding Go rules for this board to ensure legal moves are played
- Building a simple bot that can play against a copy of itself
- Playing a full game against your bot
In this chapter, you’ll build a flexible library that provides data structures to represent Go games and algorithms that enforce the Go rules. As you saw in the preceding chapter, the rules of Go are simple, but in order to implement them on a computer, you have to consider all the edge cases carefully. If you’re a novice to the game of Go or need a refresher of the rules, make sure you’ve read chapter 2. This chapter is technical ...