Implement the same principles that shaped Apple's approach to design
Apple sees design as a tool for creating beautiful experiences that convey a point of view down to the smallest detail—from the tactile feedback of keyboard to the out-of-the-box experience of an iPhone package. And all of these capabilities are founded in a deep and rich embrace of what it means to be a designer.
Design Like Apple uncovers the lessons from Apple's unique approach to product creation, manufacturing, delivery, and customer experience.
Offers behind-the-scenes stories from current and recent Apple insiders
Draws on case studies from other companies that have mastered the creative application of design to create outrageous business results
Delivers how-to lessons across design, marketing, and business strategy
Bridging creativity and commerce, this book will show you to how to truly Design Like Apple.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Introduction: Apple, design, and Steve Jobs.
- Chapter 1: Design Makes All the Difference: Beauty, ingenuity, and charisma create a unique competitive advantage.
- Chapter 2: Design the Organization: Nurture taste, talent, and a design culture.
- Chapter 3: The Product Is the Marketing: Great products sell themselves.
- Chapter 4: Design Is Systems Thinking: Product and context are one.
- Chapter 5: Design Out Loud: Protoype to perfection.
- Chapter 6: Design Is for People: Connect with your customer.
- Chapter 7: Design with Conviction: Commit to a unique voice.
- Design Like Apple: Bring it all together.
- Title: Design Like Apple: Seven Principles For Creating Insanely Great Products, Services, and Experiences
- Release date: July 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118331767
You might also like
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Product Roadmaps Relaunched
A good product roadmap is one of the most important and influential documents an organization can …
Kafka: The Definitive Guide, 2nd Edition
Every enterprise application creates data, whether it consists of log messages, metrics, user activity, outgoing messages, …
Don't engineer by coincidence-design it like you mean it! Filled with practical techniques, Design It! is …