To define the opportunity you want to pursue, you need to
• Identify a problem or opportunity
• Craft an opportunity statement
• Identify your business objectives in pursuing the opportunity
• Prioritize your objectives
• Assign metrics to your objectives
In the pages that follow, we’ll look at each of these tasks more closely.
The first step in building a business case is identifying the problem you want to solve or the opportunity you want to seize. Even if your boss has the idea and asks you to build the business case for it, you will still need a solid understanding of the ...