Data Science Resources
The previous chapter focused on helping you get employed as a data scientist. In this chapter, you will find numerous resources that will be of value to you in your professional life and your career-building efforts.
This section provides information on resources to help you in your data science career, including data sets, books, conferences, organizations, websites, and important definitions.
CROSS-REFERENCE Chapter 3, “Becoming a Data Scientist,” covers training programs, courses, and certifications.
See the sections History and Pioneers in Chapter 1, and The Big Data Ecosystem in Chapter 2 for details on vendors.
See the section Taxonomy of a Data Scientist in Chapter 7 for information on today's top data scientists.
Data Science Central has several data sets available at http://bit.ly/W2HTJU, including the following:
- Source code and data for your big data keyword correlation API (also see the section Source Code for Keyword Correlation API in Chapter 5).
- Great statistical analysis: forecasting meteorite hits (also see the section Forecasting Meteorite Hits in Chapter 6).
- 53.5-billion-clicks data set available for benchmarking and testing.
- More than 5,000,000 financial, economic, and social data sets.
- New pattern to predict stock prices and multiplies return by factor 5 (stock market data, S&P 500; see the section Stock Market in Chapter 6).
- 3.5 billion web pages: the graph has been extracted from the Common ...