Media and Entertainment (M&E) businesses are struggling with digital transformation on a scale far more dramatic than any other industry. For companies whose business is movies, music, gaming, TV, radio, or publishing, software is no longer just a tool. It’s now the main product. With this report, you’ll learn why DevOps—the collaborative relationship between software development and IT operations—is indispensable if your M&E business is to thrive in this new environment.
Authors Zubin Irani and Brandon Cipes of cPrime show you how to adopt DevOps tools, methods, and processes for building and operating platforms that deliver content to viewers, listeners, and players wherever they are, on any device, at any time. You’ll examine the key components of a DevOps transformation, and discover how DevOps practices will help you keep up with the pace of technological change, consumer expectations, and your competitors.
- Understand why DevOps is first and foremost a people issue
- Take a deep dive into DevOps components: continuous integration, continuous delivery, cloud infrastructure, testing, and monitoring
- Achieve true efficiencies in speed to market, scalability, and the ability to innovate better and faster
- Explore case studies of how Disney, Associated Press, Sony, Discovery Communications, News Corp, and Netflix successfully adopted DevOps
- Learn a process for undertaking your DevOps transformation by starting small with just one team
In 2009, new media upstart Flickr presented the first case study of DevOps in action at O’Reilly’s Velocity conference. Now, DevOps is essential for every M&E business. Get a copy of this report and discover how to get your company started.
Table of contents
DevOps in Media and Entertainment
- New Media Was First in DevOps
- Digital Disruption in Media and Entertainment
- DevOps Defined: Six Key Competencies
- Advancing Beyond Agile
- Benefits and Limits of DevOps
- Dynamic Cloud Infrastructure
- Automated Testing
- Security Automation/DevSecOps
- Seven DevSecOps Imperatives
- Beginning Your DevOps Journey
- DevOps and the Next Media and Entertainment Disruptor
- Title: DevOps for Media and Entertainment
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491987476
You might also like
Modern System Administration
Early system administration required in-depth knowledge of a variety of services on individual systems. Now, the …
Web Application Security
While many resources for network and IT security are available, detailed knowledge regarding modern web application …
How do you build security and compliance into your DevOps platforms and pipelines? With this O’Reilly …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …