Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation Companion Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation v7 course in the Cisco Networking Academy CCNA curriculum.
This course describes the architectures and considerations related to designing, securing, operating, and troubleshooting enterprise networks. You will implement the OSPF dynamic routing protocol, identify and protect against cybersecurity threats, configure access control lists (ACLs), implement Network Address Translation (NAT), and learn about WANs and IPsec VPNs. You will also learn about QoS mechanisms, network management tools, network virtualization, and network automation.
The Companion Guide is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere to reinforce the material from the course and organize your time.
The books features help you focus on important concepts to succeed in this course:
* Chapter objectives: Review core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
* Key terms: Refer to the lists of networking vocabulary introduced and highlighted in context in each chapter.
* Glossary: Consult the comprehensive Glossary with more than 500 terms.
* Summary of Activities and Labs: Maximize your study time with this complete list of all associated practice exercises at the end of each chapter.
* Check Your Understanding: Evaluate your readiness with the end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see in the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer.
How To: Look for this icon to study the steps you need to learn to perform certain tasks.
Interactive Activities: Reinforce your understanding of topics with dozens of exercises from the online course identified throughout the book with this icon.
Videos: Watch the videos embedded within the online course.
Packet Tracer Activities: Explore and visualize networking concepts using Packet Tracer exercises interspersed throughout the chapters and provided in the accompanying Labs & Study Guide book.
Hands-on Labs: Work through all the course labs and additional Class Activities that are included in the course and published in the separate Labs & Study Guide.
This book is offered exclusively for students enrolled in Cisco Networking Academy courses. It is not designed for independent study or professional certification preparation. Visit netacad.com to learn more about program options and requirements.
CCNA 200-301 Portable Command Guide
31 Days Before Your CCNA Exam
CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide, Volume 1
Premium Edition: 9780135792728
CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2
Premium Edition: 9780135262719
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Contributing Authors
- Contents at a Glance
- Reader Services
- Command Syntax Conventions
- Figure Credits
- Chapter 1. Single-Area OSPFv2 Concepts
- Chapter 2. Single-Area OSPFv2 Configuration
Chapter 3. Network Security Concepts
- Key Terms
- Current State of Cybersecurity (3.1)
- Threat Actors (3.2)
- Threat Actor Tools (3.3)
- Malware (3.4)
- Common Network Attacks (3.5)
- IP Vulnerabilities and Threats (3.6)
- TCP and UDP Vulnerabilities (3.7)
- IP Services
- Network Security Best Practices (3.9)
- Cryptography (3.10)
- Summary (3.11)
- Check Your Understanding
- Chapter 4. ACL Concepts
- Chapter 5. ACLs for IPv4 Configuration
- Chapter 6. NAT for IPv4
- Chapter 7. WAN Concepts
- Chapter 8. VPN and IPsec Concepts
- Chapter 9. QoS Concepts
- Chapter 10. Network Management
- Chapter 11. Network Design
- Chapter 12. Network Troubleshooting
- Chapter 13. Network Virtualization
- Chapter 14. Network Automation
- Appendix A. Answers to the “Check Your Understanding” Questions
- Code Snippets
- Title: Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation Companion Guide (CCNAv7)
- Release date: July 2020
- Publisher(s): Cisco Press
- ISBN: 9780136634171
You might also like
Introduction to Networks v6: Companion Guide
Introduction to Networks Companion Guide v6 is the official supplemental textbook for the Introduction to Networks …
Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials Companion Guide (CCNAv7)
Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials Companion Guide (CCNAv7) is the official supplemental textbook for the Switching, …
Windows 11 All-in-One For Dummies
Get more out of your Windows 11 computer with easy-to-follow advice Powering 75% of the PCs …
Angular - The Complete Guide [2023 Edition]
Learn all the fundamentals you need to know in order to get started developing Angular applications …