After reading this chapter, you will be able to understand:
- What is requirements engineering?
- Document requirements using the following
– Structured English
– Event process chains by SAP
– Object-oriented modelling
– Object Process Model
– Data Activity Model for Configuration (DAMC)
As mentioned in Chapter 2, an ERP implementation has multiple phases (refer to Figure 2.1). This chapter concerns the second phase of ERP implementation namely requirements engineering (RE). This phase is also referred to as creation of business blueprint. In the RE phase, needs of different stakeholders are identified and documented using some standard modelling technique for subsequent ...