EU GDPR – A Pocket Guide, second edition provides an accessible overview of the changes you need to make in your organisation to comply with the new law.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation unifies data protection across the EU. It applies to every organisation in the world that does business with EU residents.The Regulation introduces a number of key changes for organisations – and the change from DPA compliance to GDPR compliance is a complex one.
New for the second edition:
- Updated to take into account the latest guidance from WP29 and ICO.
- Improved guidance around related laws such as the NIS Directive and the future ePrivacy Regulation.
This pocket guide also sets out:
- A brief history of data protection and national data protection laws in the EU (such as the UK DPA, German BDSG and French LIL).
- The terms and definitions used in the GDPR, including explanations.
- The key requirements of the GDPR
- How to comply with the Regulation
- A full index of the Regulation, enabling you to find relevant Articles quickly and easily.
This guide is the ideal resource for anyone wanting a clear, concise primer on the EU GDPR.
Table of contents
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: A brief history of data protection
- Chapter 2: Terms and definitions
Chapter 3: The Regulation
- Data subjects’ rights
- Lawful processing
- Retention of data
- The “one-stop shop”
- Records of data processing activities
- Data protection impact assessments
- Data protection by design and by default
- Controller/processor contracts
- The data protection officer
- Accountability and the board
- Data breaches
- International transfers
- Additional considerations
- Chapter 4: Complying with the Regulation
- Chapter 5: Index of the Regulation
- Chapter 6: EU GDPR resources
- Further reading
- Title: EU GDPR: A Pocket Guide, second edition
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: None
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Computer Security Handbook, Fifth Edition
The classic and authoritative reference in the field of computer security, now completely updated and revised. …