Chapter 4. Toward modular, reusable code
This chapter covers
- Comparing function chains and pipelines
- Introducing the Ramda.js functional library
- Exploring the concepts of currying, partial application, and function binding
- Creating modular programs with functional composition
- Enhancing your program’s flow with function combinators
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that worked.
John Gall, The Systems Bible (General Systemantics Press, 2012)
Modularity is one of the most important qualities of large software projects; it represents the degree to which programs can be separated into smaller, independent parts. Modular programs posses the distinct quality that their meaning can be derived from ...