Today’s successful businesses are increasingly digital and technologically astute, but how do they attract and manage employees in a world where two billion people work part-time? How do they develop a workforce when automation is advancing? And how do they serve customers and attract and retain employees when competition for both is high and trust is at an all-time low?
In this O’Reilly Radar report, Josh Bersin, Tim O’Reilly, Roger Magoulas, and Mike Loukides address what business leaders, tech leaders, and decision makers can expect, how they can prepare, and what they should learn to shape the future of the business. These lessons affect much more than the bottom line.
This report covers big-picture trends we expect to impact the future success of all firms, including:
- Trust in business is changing: customers seek firms whose values reflect their own.
- Employees want satisfaction and meaning, not just money and security.
- The shift to AI and machine learning is changing almost every job.
- Companies are becoming networked marketplaces that build on core competencies while outsourcing the rest.
- Many firms offer compensation beyond pay, including alternate work relationships, flexible workplaces, and training opportunities.
- Embracing diversity requires solving compensation problems, creating a safe workplace, and valuing an employee’s opinions.
Table of contents
Future of the Firm
- Setting the Context
- Trust, Responsibility, Credibility, Honesty, and Transparency
- The Search for Meaning
- New Leadership Models and Generational Change
- Big Systemic Thinking
- New Kinds of Partnerships Between People and Machines
- From Hierarchies to Networks
- Free Agency, Personal Brands, and the Evolving Employer/Employee Relationship
- Compensation Beyond Pay
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Fairness at Work
- Board Governance and Diversity
- Title: Future of the Firm
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492053842
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Technology Strategy Patterns
Technologists who want their ideas heard, understood, and funded are often told to speak the language …
Continuous API Management
A lot of work is required to release an API, but the effort doesn’t always pay …