Getting images on the web today could not be cheaper or
easier--if photographers just knew how. But they don't need to
learn coding, design, programming, or scripting anymore. They need
to know where to go to get the tools they actually need, and how to
put it all together. Here, Rafael "RC" Concepcion provides what so
many photographers need as he lays out a step-by-step plan for
exactly how to do it.
Beginning with domain names and hosting services, RC quickly progresses to how to prepare images for the Web and uploading galleries. He also covers branding for the site--logos, identities, and messaging. RC then addresses the importance of blogging, and launches into the installation of a Wordpress blog and how to customize it for a photographer's needs with a touch of HTML and a host of plug-ins. RC rounds it all out as he covers social media, and the importance of sites like Twitter and Facebook to round out the photographer's web presence. Finally--knowing a website with images just isn't enough--he covers printing from sites like Mpix and Artistic Photo Canvas.
For any photographer who is ready to make the next move in either their hobby or their career, to become and look truly professional--going beyond posting their images to Flickr--this is an essential book to get them up and running.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- About the Author
- Chapter One. Domains & Space: You Need These First!
- Chapter Two. Getting Your Images Ready
- Chapter Three. Using WordPress for Your Website
- Chapter Four. Adding Content to Your Website
- Chapter Five. Plug-Ins and Menus to the Rescue
- Chapter Six. HTML Tips & Tricks
- Chapter Seven. Make Your Website Pop with a Theme
- Chapter Eight. Printing Your Images Online
- Chapter Nine. Creating a Flash-Based Portfolio
- Chapter Ten. Using Social Media
- Chapter Eleven. Adding Web Galleries with FTP
- Case Study 01: Moose Peterson
- Case Study 02: Michael McCaskey
- Case Study 03: Kathy Porupski
- Title: Get Your Photography on the Web: The Fastest, Easiest Way to Show & Sell Your Work
- Release date: February 2011
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780132699242