Chapter 3. Creating and setting up a MEAN project
This chapter covers
- Managing dependencies by using a package.json file
- Creating and configuring Express projects
- Setting up an MVC environment
- Adding Twitter Bootstrap for layout
- Publishing to a live URL and using Git and Heroku
Now weâre really ready to get underway, and in this chapter weâll get going on building our application. Remember from chapters 1 and 2 that throughout this book weâre going to build an application called Loc8r. This is going to be a location-aware web application that will display listings near users and invite people to login and leave reviews.
In the MEAN stack Express is the Node web application framework. Together Node and Express underpin the entire ...
Get Getting MEAN with Mongo, Express, Angular, and Node now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.