Chapter 5. Building a data model with MongoDB and Mongoose
This chapter covers
- How Mongoose helps bridge an Express/Node application to a MongoDB database
- Defining schemas for a data model using Mongoose
- Connecting an application to a database
- Managing databases using the MongoDB shell
- Pushing a database into a live environment
- Using the correct database depending on the environment, distinguishing between local and live versions of an application
In chapter 4 we ended up by moving our data out of the views and backward down the MVC path into the controllers. Ultimately, the controllers will pass data to the views, but they shouldnât store it. Figure 5.1 recaps the data flow in an MVC pattern.
Figure 5.1. In an MVC pattern, data ...
Get Getting MEAN with Mongo, Express, Angular, and Node now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.