Chapter 4. Building a static site with Node and Express
This chapter covers
- Prototyping an application through building a static version
- Defining routes for application URLs
- Creating views in Express using Jade and Bootstrap
- Using controllers in Express to tie routes to views
- Passing data from controllers to views
In chapter 3 you should have had an Express application running, set up in an MVC way, with Bootstrap included to help with building page layouts. Our next step is to build on this base, creating a static site that you can click through. This is a critical step in putting together any site or application. Even if you’ve been given a design or some wireframes to work from, there’s no substitute for rapidly creating a realistic ...