Chapter 4. Building a static site with Node and Express
This chapter covers
- Prototyping an application through building a static version
- Defining routes for application URLs
- Creating views in Express using Jade and Bootstrap
- Using controllers in Express to tie routes to views
- Passing data from controllers to views
In chapter 3 you should have had an Express application running, set up in an MVC way, with Bootstrap included to help with building page layouts. Our next step is to build on this base, creating a static site that you can click through. This is a critical step in putting together any site or application. Even if youâve been given a design or some wireframes to work from, thereâs no substitute for rapidly creating a realistic ...
Get Getting MEAN with Mongo, Express, Angular, and Node now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.